If you believe, as I do, that Abdelbaset Ali Al-Megrahi is a political prisoner in a Scottish jail, please send him a postcard to say that there are many institutions, newspaper reporters and individuals who are fighting to have the truth revealed about the Lockerbie case. You can email the postcard to:
Abdelbaset Ali Al-Megrahi
HM Prison Barlinnie
Lee Avenue, GLASGOW, G31
The following institutions, leaders of countries, newspaper reporters and individuals do not accept the verdict imposed upon Al-Megrahi.
l. Professor Hans Koechler - a United Nations observer.
2. The Organization of African Unity.
3. President Nelson Mandela of South Africa
4. Safia Aoude (Ms. Aoude runs the most comprehensive website on the Lockerbie disaster and has dedicated endless hours to this effort. This website has the most comprehensive links for your consideration.)
5. Edwin Bollier, MEBO Communications, Zurich. Mr. Bollier's website is very comprehensive, both politically and technically speaking. This is a very important website.
6. Joe Vialls (Australian air crash investigator - very interesting comments and conclusions)
7. The Libyan government and many other African countries
8. Neil Mackay - The Sunday Herald, Edinburgh, Scotland - latest article at www.sundayherald.com/23045
9. Professor Robert Black, Edinburgh Law School - www.thelockerbietrial.com
Professor Black was the architect of the Lockerbie trial. He created a Scottish Court in Zeist, The Netherlands. He has worked tirelessly to ensure that the Libyans have received excellent Scottish justice, and has been dismayed by the outcome of the trial. He continues his valuable work, which is not only to seek the truth, but to ensure that the laws of Scotland are maintained at the highest level of integrity.
10. Ian Ferguson, reporter - www.thelockerbietrial.com - author of "Cover-up of Convenience".
11. Dr. Jim Swire. Dr. Jim Swire has also worked tirelessly to bring to justice those who are responsible for the Lockerbie disaster. He has made it clear that he does not believe that Libya was responsible for the bombing of Pan Am 103, and is pressing the British government to initiate an independent inquiry.
12. Robert Baer. Mr. Baer worked on the Lockerbie investigation for the CIA and has made it very clear that Libya was not responsible for the crash of Pan Am 103.
13. Paul Foot, "Private Eye" (May/June 2001)
14. Lester B. Coleman, author of "The Trail of the Octopus. From Beirut to Lockerbie" (censored in the U.K. and U.S.A.)
15. Sir Thomas Dalyell, M.P. for Linlithgow, Scotland
16. Joe Misfud - internationally renowned, Maltese reporter, author of "Lockerbie - Before the Verdict".
On March 14, 2002, Megrahi lost his appeal at Camp Zeist. This is a shameful injustice and if I were one of the judges, I would not be able to sleep at night thinking that I had been responsible for having a foreign, political hostage jailed in my country.
Mr. Megrahi has his own special cell which will cost the Scottish taxpayers 100,000 Scottish pounds per year. At this point in time, there are several avenues that the defense team can pursue - Megrahi has the option of an appeal to the Britain's Privy Council, the House of Lords and the European Court of Human Rights.
According to my sources, there are several other avenues to pursue - the most likely will be the civil case where considerable information that was not presented by the defense will introduced. Dozens of witnesses who were not brought to the original trial will be cross-examined in the civil case.
Libya also has another option to file a lawsuit in either the U.S. or the UK, based upon economic sanctions that have been imposed for nearly 10 years on the Libyan people. This is a violation of their human rights. (See my webpage "Conclusions").
In my opinion, if Libya is forced to pay compensation to the victims' families for economic reasons, to have the draconian sanctions against the people of Libya lifted, this will simply be another reason for the Arab world to feel bullied by the Western world.
You are visitor number